Connect training

Papa_Dingo
New Contributor

Connect training

Hi All,Just wanted to take the opportunity to say thanks to the Cancer Council for the opportunity to refresh the skills and meet other survivors on the weekend. Those of you starting the journey can be sure that you have some rather wonderful and special people who have walked the road themselves, who are willing to be there for you much the same as these forums are. Meeting the Cancer Council staff again, after a few years, reminded me about the passion and care this lot have for us and just how willing they are to step up where they can. Feel certain that contacting them is always going to give results. Thanks again ...  Peter G.
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Oldman
Contributor

Connect training

I tend to agree, I'm listed to become a driver to help transport patients to their treatment.Plus I want to help the cancer council in any way i can not only because they helped us out greatly. But I think my values have changed (not the right word) so I want to help other travel on this journey.oldman
0 Kudos
deejjay
Contributor

Re: Connect training

I know this is an old thread but I agree it's good to help out others. I'm interested in getting involved in the Connect program but apparently I have to wait 2 years but will make enquiries anyhow.
0 Kudos
Jules2
Super Contributor

Hey again Deejjay :) I am doing volunteer work at my local hospital for the pastoral care department. I guess primarily they deal with palliative care, although it is not just for cancer people or those requiring palliative care. I am only giving back in a small way but it feels good to be able to do something to help someone else going through this horror ride. take care Julie
0 Kudos
Not applicable

Hi All, Thank you for your recent posts regarding the Cancer Connect peer support program. If you are interested in finding out more about the Cancer Connect Program, please contact the Cancer Helpline in your home state or territory on 13 11 20 - for the cost of a local call. Kind regards, Cancer Connections Coordinator
0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.