Dealing with the side effects of Letrozole

MGS
Occasional Contributor

Dealing with the side effects of Letrozole

Hi Everyone,

Wondering if anyone out there has found the answer to dealing with the common side effects of Letrozole being muscle and joint pain.   Interested in others ideas on what has helped them.

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
Katekat
Valued Contributor

Re: Dealing with the side effects of Letrozole

Hi @MGS, it's great to see you around these parts again Smiley Happy

Sorry to hear you are experiencing muscle and joint pain, have you spoken with your treatment team about anything it? 

I am not on Letrozole but I have had ongoing muscle and joint pain from an accident many years ago. I have found that gentle things like swimming or short walks, nothing strenuous, were a great help to me.  Something else that helps immensely is massage from an accredited person, we have a great publication about Massage and Cancer that you may like to read.

Has anyone else experienced joint and muscle pain as part of their cancer treatment and could offer any suggestions to MGS?

You may also find this information on overcoming cancer pain of help as well MGS. 

I do hope you find something that helps relieve it soon Heart

0 Kudos
MGS
Occasional Contributor

Hi Kate,

I'm doing aqua aerobics 3 times a week, using fish oil, vitamin E, vitamin D, Essential oils - Frankincense, Copaiba and Ice Blue in combination - and together these things all relieve the symptoms.  Just interested in anything others find that works well.  Thinking about adding Glucosamine and Chondroiton.  

I also do massage, reflexology and a really interesting mask that promotes blood supply and really makes my legs feel fabulous (but this is a little on the expensive side at $100 a treatment).

I have spoken to my medical team about it and they are supportive of my approach.

Smiley Happy

sharonlynne
New Contributor

I find that  panadol osteo or similar helps with the occasional joint pain.  I also started getting restless legs so i bandage them at night so i can sleep. 

0 Kudos
DYB
Occasional Contributor

Hi,

I had terrible trouble with joint pain and other pains and fatigue initially. Due to the stage of my cancer I was told I couldn't go off letrozole and was told to exercise instead. I did feel like smacking the oncologist but she was right and now that I exercise almost everyday I am mostly pain free in my joints. 

Dy

0 Kudos
MGS
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Dy for your reply.  Yes I do that too and it does help somewhat but I'm still searching for the perfect combination Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
DYB
Occasional Contributor

0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.