Highlighting Pancreatic Cancer more.

Marg2
Occasional Contributor

Highlighting Pancreatic Cancer more.

As an 8 year survivor of pancreatic cancer I'm so happy to finally hear that pancreatic cancer is in the spotlight more. More funding from the government has been great news, the prospect of a pancreatic cancer nurse through donations and many more things, big or small.  Even in my small town there was a special night recently at the local pub dedicated to the cause. When I went through my surgery and chemo and then for nearly 6 years of regular testing I never met anyone or knew of anyone else going through the same cancer.  Now with it being spoken about and  hearing of other survivors as a result of it being put out there is such a positive thing.

Keep up the great work Pancare Foundation and the Avner Foundation also, and hi to all the other survivors who might read this.

6 REPLIES 6
kj
Super Contributor

Re: Highlighting Pancreatic Cancer more.

Hi Marg2

Definitely agree with all you have written ,I am another survivor 9 years next month.

Marg2
Occasional Contributor

Hi kj
Thank you for replying, all the best.....9 years is great news!
sch
Super Contributor

A big congragulations Marg2!!

Well done on being in a position to post on here 8 years later!

There has been so many improvements in diagnosing and treating medical conditions, that sometimes it's hard to believe how much they have improved. Absolutely amazing.

I'm so glad that you're here to chat with us.

Which region are you from?

-sch

0 Kudos
Marg2
Occasional Contributor

Hi sch, thank you for your reply and yes so much advancement has been seen over recent years and hopefully much more to come.

I live on the mid north coast of NSW, thanks again and all the best, it's great to be here!

Fergie
Occasional Contributor

Very good news, Marg2. I have just reached  5  years, it's not always a death sentence.

Good luck in the future, and keep up the good work!   Fergie

Marg2
Occasional Contributor

Hi Fergie, thank you for your message and that's such great news about your 5 year mark! 

Yes it's not always a death sentence thankfully, even those at first being diagnosed with pancreatic cancer it felt that way.

Good luck to you also, keep well now and into the future, Marg.

0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.