Just joined

cabachona
New Contributor

Just joined

Hello everyone. I am a breast cancer and bowel cancer survivor. I had a mastectomy on 29th June 2011. Had four sessions of chemotherapy and then found I had a nasty tumour in my bowel that took three attempts to get it out. Now I am effectively cancer free - not cured as I must have annual checkups. Though my last mammogram came back all clear and my tumor was found to be benign. That is the best news I could have had as I thought everything was all finished at Christmas time last year. Now I can get by with the rest of my life. I am happy. I look forward to meeting anyone who would like to chat with me any time.
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
wombat4
Contributor

Re: Just joined

Well done cabachona, Its very good news. You are living in the sunshine again, you enjoy it. stay happy. wombat4
0 Kudos
Allicat
Contributor

Hi cabachona That's really tough having 2 lots of cancer but good news that you are now cancer free. I had breast cancer & had a mastectomy on 21 April 2011. Best Wishes
0 Kudos
glenys48woods
Contributor

Hi Wombat, I have been reading a book and it might be for you too as it has helped me out a lot. It is called after cancer a guide to your new life. I got it from Breacan and have it till the 6 of June. Hope I haven't upset you at all. Glenys 0
0 Kudos
wombat4
Contributor

Thanks for the info Glenys 0. I have a;so joined another group that meet locally every few weeks. It is specifically for sufferers and carers who have got, or have had a family member with bowel cancer. wombat4
0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.