Mud pies

Tincanman
Visitor

Mud pies

So here’s a thing
I saw a reference to what I have as mud pies and I think it fits quite well. I had stage 3 colon cancer diagnosed in may 2016, radiation and then the main op in October 2016, then chemo and my reversal in may 2017. Since they removed part of my rectum things have never been the same, gradually getting better but I now get mud pies. As in mud like ‘crap’ that oozes sometimes, and I don’t know about it until after the fact. It’s not all the time, some days it doesn’t happen, other days it’s a few times and my diet doesn’t really vary that much.
Anybody else have/had this problem?
What did you do!!

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Margaret_CCNSW
Contributor

Re: Mud pies

Hi @Tincanman,

We sent you a private welcome message, but I thought I would post here just in case anyone has had a similar experience. It sounds like it has been difficult since your surgery. Has anyone had anything similar?

Information from Cancer Council on Bowel Cancer can be found here. To speak with a health professional about your cancer experience you can contact Cancer Council 131120 information and support line Monday to Friday 9am-5pm.

Also, you may have come across this organisation before, but if not, Continence Foundation of Australia has information and support, including a helpline staffed by health professionals:

Continence Helpline 1800 33 00 66
The National Continence Helpline is a free telephone advisory service staffed by a team of continence nurse advisors who provide information, education and advice to callers with incontinence or who are caring for someone with incontinence. The Helpline also provides information and advice to health professionals.
The Helpline is funded by the Australian Government Department of Health and available to anyone living in Australia. It operates 8am-8pm (AEST) Monday to Friday.

I hope things improve for you.

Kind regards,

Margaret

Online Community admin team

0 Kudos
prjhampson
Occasional Visitor

Re: Mud pies

I am only a carer for what I’ve seen within my husband. His fair donkey Australian so it’s very hard with emotions and him being honest to me. Long story short I suppose then cause blokes really are not into that. But someone of them maybe reading this- why ? cause we are human even if mum or better than that DAD or whatever crap gave you in your time without you knowing it GAVE YOU ANGER ENOUGH to know know YOU ARE you. And It’s allowed. It has always been allowed. Old testament no. New, hard to put into today, but see your church and see if they are able to put it into plain Aussie words? 

0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.