wow great idea!

margro
Frequent Contributor

wow great idea!

Hi everyone.What a good idea this site is.I hope there are other survivors out there that can share some of their issues. Most of my cancer journey challenges have been positive but I find it very hard to explain my "survivor guilt" to anyone.Anyone else feel that way? Margro
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
Oldannie
New Contributor

wow great idea!

Hi Margro, Welcome to this section. I have heard many people talk about this and in fact it was brought up in a workshop last week in the country. Have you had any thoughts about attending one of our programs? Workshopping it may assist you, Cheers, anniem  
0 Kudos
margro
Frequent Contributor

wow great idea!

Hi anniem, I have thought about the workshops and checked out some of the venues,unfortunately location has been a bit of an obstacle! I enjoy the relative annonimity(probably wrong spelling!)of the web site though,Margro
0 Kudos
Steve_n
New Contributor

wow great idea!

Hi all, This is a great idea. My journey has been a tough one but there have been many positives along the way though. My journey started in Feb, 2000 and culminated in a Non Alogenic BMT in Aug 2004. I had both Non Hodkins Lymphoma and Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia, both aggressive. I was fortunate enough that after the BMT I was able to witness the birth of my 2 beautiful grandchildren. The treatment, and horrible drugs like Deximethisone and Prednisone, and their side effects although frightening at times, was very much worth it. I must say I understand the feeling of guilt too as a friend I had in Brisbane lost his fight due to no matching stem cell doners being available world wide for him. I had 2 doners living right in Brisbane where I lived at the time and went on to survive my cancer. It still brings tears to my eyes. Steve
0 Kudos
Merkel
Contributor

wow great idea!

Hi Margro, Survivor guilt, I understand what your saying. When my brother was diagnosed with Bowel Cancer, I was a six year survivor, he past away twelve weeks' later, he didn't have time to come to terms with what was happening to him, the only option he had was medication to stop the pain. The guilt I felt and still feel. Take care, Merkel
0 Kudos
margro
Frequent Contributor

wow great idea!

Hi Merkel, I am so sorry about your brother.Makes my "survivor guilt"seem very insignificant compared to what you have been through! I'm trying to get past mine by hopefully doing a bit to raise money and awareness of early symptoms.I believe there must be a reason why some people survive and others don't,who knows! Good luck,Margro
0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.