They say a diary may help. Dear Diary.

m.portelli
Occasional Contributor

They say a diary may help. Dear Diary.

Hi Guys, I'm my Mum's carer and she has Mesothelioma. My Mum is only 66 and is my best friend. I have 2 beautiful sons and a funny husband so I'm trying to do everything I can to ensure I stay strong while my Mum is battling this horrible and senseless cancer. While she was in chemo for the 1st time on Wednesday, I spent 5 hours by her side reading through the literature provided about being a carer, cancer and emotions and talking to kids about cancer. It said a diary would be helpful so I want to start a blog. I'm so angry I figured a blog couldn't hurt. Anyway, hi everyone and I hope better days will follow for all of us. For those who are just existing like me until better days come..... there are no words xxx
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
little_stitcher
Super Contributor

Re: They say a diary may help. Dear Diary.

Hi. I just wanted to drop you a line because I can so clearly remember being where you are. My husband was diagnosed with stage 4 lymphoma 3 years ago, and I remember those days in the chemo ward. I think your attitude will get you far ("Existing until better days come")- it really is a matter of taking it one day- or sometimes one hour- at a time. Eventually you will look back and realise how far you have come. Sending you big gentle hugs, Emily
0 Kudos
m.portelli
Occasional Contributor

thank you. its easier knowing I'm not alone.
0 Kudos
m.portelli
Occasional Contributor

thank you. its easier knowing I'm not alone.
0 Kudos
m.portelli
Occasional Contributor

thank you. it's a little easier knowing that others have survived and are currently surviving this horrible path I'm walking down xxxooo
0 Kudos
m.portelli
Occasional Contributor

sorry about the duplication, my computer kept crashing. what do you do, shrug of the shoulders and moving on...
0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.