Eye cancer and eye chemotherapy

Nahko
New Contributor

Eye cancer and eye chemotherapy

Just wondering if anyone has had eye chemo? I finished it in march and just started having side effects again, don't say ask drs because they don't know anything as most have never prescribed it before and no one knew anything about my type of cancer... thanks

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Katekat
Valued Contributor

Re: Eye cancer and eye chemotherapy

Hi @Nahko and welcome to the Online Community!

So sorry to hear that you're experiencing side effects again, that must be frustrating for you Smiley Sad

Can I enquire as to what type of cancer you had, the sort of chemo you underwent and what side effects you experienced back then? And also what you're experiencing now?

This will help myself and others with assisting you Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Nahko
New Contributor

It was a squamous cell carcinoma (not 100% sure what that means). It was on the white part of my eye, and it was chemotherapy eye drops
0 Kudos
Katekat
Valued Contributor

Squamous cell carcinoma or SCC is a type of cancer that develops from squamous cells, which are flat cells found on the surface of the skin or the lining of certain organs. It is uncommon for it to be of the eye, but not impossible, as you yourself can attest.

What sort of side effects are you experiencing?

I know it must be incredibly frustrating for you and quite likely, alarming or even scary, but please don't be afraid to seek out medical advice. Your treating doctor or opthamologist should be your first option. If you don't think that doctor will do, I would advise you to please either chat to your GP or seek a second opinion.

0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.