May Online Community Newsletter

Katekat
Valued Contributor

May Online Community Newsletter

Did you miss out on our last email newsletter? Never fear, we've included it below for you! 

maynews.png

Welcome to the May edition!

Welcome to the latest edition of our Online Community news, we hope you are all keeping warm as the weather cools down.

We've seen a number of interesting discussions taking place in the Forums which has been fantastic to see. Please don't be afraid to jump in with a comment on any of the topics or to post a new topic, asking a question of your own.

And for something a little more light-hearted, why not join in on our word game?

The waiting...

waiting.jpgA discussion in our forums that has struck a chord with many over the last few months, is about waiting.

"I feel like I'm spending my life waiting....just waiting... for it to come back or for it to be far enough behind me to be confident it's not coming back. Does everyone feel like this?"

We understand that waiting can be a difficult time. Have you experienced this? How are you dealing with or how have you dealt with this period?

Get support

support.jpg

Did you know that we have links to a number of support resources available for you via the Online Community?

These include talking to someone who has experienced cancer themselves and telephone support groups. In the coming months, we will be adding Online Support Groups for the discussion of specific cancers.

If you have any suggestions or interest in an online support group, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Healthy Living after Cancer

hlac_256.jpg

Getting back to a healthy lifestyle after cancer is one of the most important things you can do for your health.

Our Healthy Living after Cancer program offers free health coaching over the phone, with experienced health consultants. The program can help you get active, eat better and feel better, so that you can do more of the things that are important to you.Getting back to a healthy lifestyle after cancer is one of the most important things you can do for your health.

You can register your interest in the program here.

Alternatively, you can ask any questions you may have about healthy eating or getting active in our Healthy Living forum.

With warm regards,
Kate and the Online Community team

0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.