How do I?... (frequently asked questions)

Katekat
Valued Contributor

How do I?... (frequently asked questions)

In order to help make your time with the Cancer Council Online Community the very best experience we can, we'll be creating a number of tutorials in this thread over the coming weeks.

We already have a fairly comprehensive FAQ section (frequently asked questions), but this thread will contain answers to the more common questions you may have Smiley Happy

General Questions

Manage my profile

5 REPLIES 5
Katekat
Valued Contributor

Re: How do I?... (frequently asked questions)

Do I need to join the Cancer Council Online Community?

You don't need to join if you do not wish to, all our forums and information are available for you to read at your leisure. However, if you would like to share your story, ask a question or connect with others affected by cancer, as well as participate in our closed support groups, you will need to join.

Signing up is very easy, we'd love to have you join us! Smiley Very Happy

How do I join?

Joining is easy! Simply click the blue Join button to the top-right of this website, as seen below:

join.jpg

Fill out your details in the fields provided - we do not share any of the details you give us publicly, we collect this information purely to aid us in better supporting people like you.

Once you've completed the form, you will need to check your email for an email with a link to verify your account. Once this has been done, you'll be able to post!

Katekat
Valued Contributor

How do I get started?

Ok, you've joined, now what? The first step in any new situation is to introduce yourself!

Our General Discussion forum is a great place to start off a thread, say hi and let people know that you've recently joined the Community.

If you'd prefer to jump right on in, head to our homepage and find which forum best fits what you'd like to post about. You'll find there is a forum to cover everything, otherwise share your story via our Blogs.

No question is the wrong one to ask, so please don't be shy! Heart

Katekat
Valued Contributor

How do I change my profile picture?

Your profile picture is a great way to personalise your identity within the Cancer Council Online Community and you can change it as many times as you like!

You can choose from the pictures within our community collections, link an image from another site or upload one from your mobile device or computer.

1. Sign in to your account.
  2. Click on your profile name and image up the top, this will open a menu to your right.
  3. Go to My Settings > Profile picture.
  4. Choose a new profile picture in one of these ways:
    • Choose a profile picture from the Community collection.
      • Choose a profile picture collection and click the profile picture your would like to use.
    • Use an image from your Image Gallery:
      • Click From Image Gallery and select the image you want from your device.
      • You can only use this option if you have uploaded images that have been approved.
    • Use an image from the web:
      • Click From the Web and enter the URL for the image.
      • Then, click Set Profile picture.
    • From another site:
      • Click From another site.
      • Input the URL of the image you wish to use in the field provided.
      • Select Upload Image.
Katekat
Valued Contributor

How do I change my email address?

Changing your email address is not something you will do often, but if you need to do so, this is how you do it!

1. Click on your profile name and image up the top, this will open a menu to your right.
  2. Go to My Settings.
  3. Select Email under the tab marked Personal Profile.
  4. Type your new email address into the field marked as New email, then again in the confirmation field marked Confirm new email.
  5. Select the blue button marked Save to save your changes.

changeemail1.jpg

This will trigger an email to confirm your change of email address. It should arrive within a few minutes, simply click the link in that email in order to verify your changes.

0 Kudos
Katekat
Valued Contributor

How do I change my password?

It's a good idea to change your password on a regular basis and here's how you do it!

1. Click on your profile name and image up the top, this will open a menu to your right.
  2. Go to My Settings.
  3. Select Password under the tab marked Personal Profile.
  4. Type your current/existing password into the field marked as Current password
  5. Next, type your new password in the field marked Password, then again in the confirmation field marked Verify password.
  6. Select the blue button marked Save to save your changes.

changepassword.jpg

Tip: Your password must contain between 6 and 20 characters, contain a number and must not contain any part of your login name.

0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.