Pancreatic cancer

kj
Super Contributor

Re: Pancreatic cancer

It’s not the actual size of the tumor for surgery it’s whether the tumor is wrapped around the portal vein and  can involve other veins ,sometimes if it is chemo can be given to try and shrink the tumor so a Whipple can go ahead,when I had my surgery they couldn’t tell until they opened you up where nowadays they are much more advanced in knowing before surgery,so try and take it one day at a time until you know the full story of your Mums tumor involvement.I realise how hard the waiting is for the news and results of MRI.

kj
Super Contributor

Has your Mums cancer spread to any other organs that also has a bearing on whether surgery is happening.
Md
Occasional Contributor

As far as I know it's not spreaded yo different organs this was  on first MRI a week ago. The first diognose shows a possibility for Whipple surgery as doctor suggested. Hopefully things will go as I think 

Thank you 

Md
Occasional Contributor

May I know how old are you, my mom is almost 70 years old. 

0 Kudos
kj
Super Contributor

I had surgery in my early sixties I had a few other health issues but was reasonably active.

0 Kudos
Md
Occasional Contributor

Thank you for your all answers I really appreciate it. 

kj
Super Contributor

That’s ok I still remember how unsettling it was for my family at that time the waiting and stress,I hope and pray it goes well for your Mum.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow. Im so sorry to read all that. May god help and give us all strength through these times.
Md
Occasional Contributor

Amin. Thank you for your comment. Are you a cancer patient?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes. I have PNET Carcinoid Syndrome.
I posted my diagnosis and im having trouble dealing with it.
David.
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.