Worried about if it is another type of cancer

debbiev
Contributor

Worried about if it is another type of cancer

I have just had a all clear report from my cancer doctor before christmas that all my lymphoma has gone.

I am really worried about people talking about you could possibly get another cancer.  I have tried not to worry but anything that happens I see it could be cancer.

While I was on chemo treatment one of the effects I got was extremely dry skin everywhere was dry my fingers the bottom of my feet.  I now find I had to start off a small red raised itchy patch around my nipple area has got bigger and itchy it does help to put dry skin cream on it.   I start to worry is it Pagets disease I have read this is a type of breast cancer.    I am going to a female doctor tomorrow for her to check out.

Has anyone had this problem and advise me should I be worried.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
sch
Super Contributor

Re: Worried about if it is another type of cancer

Hi debbiev,

I guess it will always play around and be there in the back of your mind.

I usually get pretty uptight when I'm due for my colonoscopy.

Live as healthy a life as you can.

If something doesn't feel right or something doesn't quite make sense, follow up with a medical professional (which sounds like this is what you are doing).

How did you go with the doctor?

-sch

0 Kudos
MyheroCoolSpy
Frequent Contributor

Re: Worried about if it is another type of cancer

Hi debbiev,

I hope you got good news with your doctor. Like what sch said, live your new life as healthy as you can. For me, this is a second life given to us and I am not wasting a single moment to love my family and live a healthy life with them.

0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.