Head care (Pampering attempt)

Not applicable

Head care (Pampering attempt)

Hi. My mum is currently undergoing chemotherapy and most of her hair is now gone. I am constantly looking for ways to spoil her and wondered if there was some sort of suitable scalp treatment? ie a massage type oil, or cream or lotion that would feel wonderful on her head? Obviously I want to avoid anything that might irritate - or would everything irritate at the moment? Thanks in advance for any advice! Or any other ideas for spoiling! So far it's been surprise messages, flowers and some really nice hats plus some really soppy messages from the heart 🙂
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Jules2
Super Contributor

Re: Head care (Pampering attempt)

Hiya Kylie I used "sodashi" head mask and it was lovely on my scalp. You could ask if someone could give you a sample pot because i think it is quite expensive. It is all natural products that i know of, although, i would check that as i am not absolutley certain. It did help to prevent my scalp from itching, which i had a fair bit of problems with. Anyway, hope that helps you and good luck with finding something if thats not suitable. Oh, i did use lots of different but natural moisturisers on my scalp also. You mum might actually enjoy a pedicure or something to do with her feet. You would know best what your mum enjoys. :) Julie xo
0 Kudos
larn75
Contributor

Re: Head care (Pampering attempt)

What a wonderful person you are Kylie!! I do remember a post a while back that was specifically about what makes peoples heads feel good. Can anyone else remember that one? I will have a scan through and see what I can find. Alana :-)
0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.