breast cancer gone to the bones

bella
Occasional Contributor

breast cancer gone to the bones

would like to speak to people with the same cancer just to say hi and find out more
0 Kudos
10 REPLIES 10
Allicat
Contributor

Re: breast cancer gone to the bones

Hi Bella Welcome to the site! I also had breast cancer but I was lucky and it had not spread. As far as we can tell I am now cancer-free. What treatment are you having? For comparing notes specifically about breast cancer I suggest the BCNA website: www.bcna.org.au - I found it confusing to navigate at first but worthwhile. Here is a good site where I like to talk about the whole emotional turmoil thing but that one is specifically about breast cancer which could be helpful. Best Wishes
0 Kudos
p_jones
New Contributor

Hello Bella, I have just joined this site and am hoping to find others with similar cancer too. I have secondary breast cancer (bone mastitis). I was diagnosed with secondary breast cancer in 2007 and have been on varied hormone blocking treatments, more recently radiotherapy on the bone mastitis on my sternum. I have had good results from my treatments with few hick ups along the way. I'm more than happy to compare treatments with you and discuss 🙂 all the best.
0 Kudos
julia.w
Deceased

Hi Bella I was diagnosed with bone metastases and then with breast cancer. I was put on chemo straight away to try to stop it from spreading, then I went onto tamoxifen. Currently I am on Xeloda as I had various new sites last August. I am also on Bonefos, previously Zometa and soon to be xgeva for bone strengthening. I've had radiotherapy for pain in my hip and also for a fracture that I got in my pelvis 18 months ago. There are several other women in the same situation as us on this site. You can join the group Ongoing, it is for people with advanced cancers, plus they have an email support group every couple of weeks where you go into a chat room and talk to others who are going through the same things we are. P_jones, this would suit you too I am happy to be your friend and talk to you more about what you're going through Take care of yourself Julia xx
0 Kudos
p_jones
New Contributor

Hi Julia, I am currently taking xgeva.The only side effect so far has been a bit of joint stiffness.No other side effects so far.I order it from the chemist and my GP administers it once a month.About to have my fourth injection next week.Please feel free to ask me any questions you have about my condition or treatment.cheers,Pam.
0 Kudos
julia.w
Deceased

Pam, did you see the information about the ongoing group, it might suit you as well as Bella
0 Kudos
julia.w
Deceased

Hi Pam Just one quick question, where abouts do you get your injection? The nurse told me stomach, but the information says shoulder, stomach or thigh. I could do without getting joint pain again. Thought I was past that when I stopped the tamoxifen Julia
0 Kudos
bella
Occasional Contributor

hi julia sorry i have not contacted you sooner .sorry was not sure what i have told you about myself. i was told i had cancer early last year. after i felt a pain under my arm which i had noticed every year for past five years.but in those times thought glands just playing up as only lasted a day. but this time lasted three weeks. so went to my doctor. he found a lump straight away sent me for tests they found two lumps sent me for surgery removed both with 29 lymph nodes found 9 were cancerous so were going to take breast. so i told them to take both . but a day before operation said it had spread to my back and ribs so put me on femara. and said they cant operate. but am currently following things i found on the internet and am taking with the femara and bondrate so will stay on what they give me plus what i have found and am sure i can beat this how are you going . was it you that i spoke with on the chat room hope your ok we can beat this love bella xxxx
0 Kudos
bella
Occasional Contributor

hi julia sorry i have not contacted you sooner .sorry was not sure what i have told you about myself. i was told i had cancer early last year. after i felt a pain under my arm which i had noticed every year for past five years.but in those times thought glands just playing up as only lasted a day. but this time lasted three weeks. so went to my doctor. he found a lump straight away sent me for tests they found two lumps sent me for surgery removed both with 29 lymph nodes found 9 were cancerous so were going to take breast. so i told them to take both . but a day before operation said it had spread to my back and ribs so put me on femara. and said they cant operate. but am currenly following things i found on the internet and am taking with the femara and bondrate so will stay on what they give me plus what i have found and am sure i can beat this how are you going . was it you that i spoke with on the chat room hope your ok we can beat this love bella xxxx
0 Kudos
bella
Occasional Contributor

yes pam i did but have no idea who i am talking to in there think i may have been talking to julia lol will get better the more i know who i am speaking to and knowing other people have the same problem as me so sad to hear all the stories take care hope you are well will get used to writing on here think i posted to julia same thing twice lol xxx
0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.