Cancer dating apps?

Anni
Frequent Visitor

Cancer dating apps?

I was just wondering if anyone knew of any Australian dating apps specifically for people with cancer to meet each other?

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
CaptainAustrali
Super Contributor

Re: Cancer dating apps?

I can't exactly explain why I found this question so funny, but I really did. 

I'm not laughing at you, not at all - I guess it's just reconciling the very contrasting ideas of:

Starting a new romance - which is a time of excitement and bloom

Fighting cancer - which is a time of fatigue and fear

Even a dating app purely oriented toward the 'rumpy-pumpy' side of things is a bit funny to me, because fighting cancer is pretty damned fatiguing, I think if most people could choose between a long dirty weekend at a motel with an attractive stranger --- or a good night's unbroken sleep .... they'd go the latter.

On a serious note, I'd give one word of caution:  cancer sufferers are vulnerable people, and the world has darkened somewhat, you've got all kinds of disgusting romance scammers out there.  If there were a site for Cancer Club members to hook up or seek love .. be wary of sharks in the swimming pool.

Erina77
New Contributor

Hi Anni, I haven’t found any dating sites in Australia specifically for  people with cancer, but there is a dating site that includes Cancer as a criteria for searching for matches, it’s Disabled Mate Australia (au.disabledmate.com). It is the only dating site I’ve found that has cancer in search criteria, so it’s good that there is something for us, but it would be good to see more of us on the site.

0 Kudos
KaceJax
Contributor

Hi there!

Just wondering if you personally have tried logging on to the dating site you mentioned? How's your experience?  I wanna try too but, I'm hesitant that I may not get any positive feedback from it. 

0 Kudos
Kazmira54

I was also wondering if there is such a site. I’ve tried regular dating sites and they just are not the right fit for us. I just want to meet people in same situation & make new friends not dating especially.

0 Kudos
MyheroCoolSpy
Frequent Contributor

Me too, I recently tried Tinder but, it didn't work as they don't understand my condition that not all things are possible. It turns out that I'm like a Doctor discussing about a certain illness 🤣

0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.