Cancer survivor

glenn10
Occasional Contributor

Re: Cancer survivor

Hi Barb, I am doing quite well at the moment. Just trying to not get too stressed out over Christmas shopping! You know wat i mean! But i guess it;s that time of year you get to spend most time with your family. So that's always a good thing. My exercises have been normal as usual. I'm always gradually building up fitness & strength. I am still going to the SPLICE classes, which are for people which have had cancer, that are funded by Redkite. It is so very thoughtful of you & to dedicate your time to donate to all those things which are trying either find a cure or make someone else's life who's living with cancer better. All i can say to you is keep hanging in there, There is that 'light at the end of the tunnel'i hope for you. If i came through the other side & beat my cancer, then you could too. Best wishes Glenn
0 Kudos
Susiegame1
New Contributor

Hi. I was diagnosed with Endocarcinoma type 2 (Uterine Cancer) in June 2015. I underwent a total hysterectomy end of July. No further treatment was needed. It is now ten months since the hysterectomy. I only need yearly CT Scans to check the lymph nodes. I am 64 years old and feel I now have a new lease of life. I feel really blessed
0 Kudos
glenn10
Occasional Contributor

thanks for sharing your story with me Susie. It's still amazes me to see the number of different people, adding their stories and experiences within the one topic word:cancer on this website. But its also the variety of stories that is incredible! You're a lucky trooper Susie!
0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.