Mastectomy bra

hannahhcurtis

Mastectomy bra

Hello Everyone,

As part of a business venture, I am designing a prosthetic bra for women who have undergone through mastectomy, lumpectomy or have gone through breast re-construction. My mother has undergone a mastectomy and has expressed her difficulty finding nice, desirable bras. I know firsthand how difficult it can be to continue normal life after undergoing a major surgery. For this reason, I want to help all women find their comfort after surgery. I would love to hear your experience with prosthetic bras and the problems you face.

Would providing a service where your existing bras are altered with bra pockets for a breast form be beneficial? Or, is buying a new bra with the alterations more preferable?

Hope to hear from you soon.

Hannah

2 REPLIES 2
MyheroCoolSpy
Frequent Contributor

Re: Mastectomy bra

Hm, this is interesting. What a great initiative!
0 Kudos
Happytobehere
New Contributor

Re: Mastectomy bra

I think buying a new bra is better. Wider side panels and bra cups that holds the prosthesis closer to the chest so when you lean forwards, the prosthesis does not feel it’s falling away. I hope that makes sense.

0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.