New, surgically induced menopause

KittyKabbit
Not applicable

New, surgically induced menopause

I am 36, I had ovarian cancer 9 years ago (when I had one ovary removed) and I am about to have the other removed. I'm looking for support from women who have gone into early menopause after a cancer diagnosis and/or treatment. Thanks, KK
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Not applicable

Re: New, surgically induced menopause

'Menopause for dummies', Dr Lily Stojanovska, available from Readings Bookshop Melbourne, fantastic. Get regular bone density scans and start calcium and vit D tables as osteoporosis is likely. A range of anti depressents called SSRI's are good for 'hot flushes'. 'Replense' vaginal lubricatant from a chemist for pain free sex. Stronger face moisturiser and better hair conditioner. Multivitimins and vitimin B for energy. Joint pain and deteriation may be helped by glucosamine or fish oil or rose hip oil, or panadol/panadine. Small dose valium helps with sleep. Exercise is essential for weigh gain and bone density loss. I had early menopause from chemo and bilat overy removals. Your just need information and support. Find a really good GP and start talking about menopausal issues. Cheers.
0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.