Chemotherapy side effects

Polina

Chemotherapy side effects

I hope this message finds you well. I am writing to discuss some concerns I have been experiencing following my recent chemotherapy treatment for breast cancer.

I underwent nine sessions of chemotherapy with Taxol and Carboplatin. I completed my final session approximately one month ago, specifically on April 19. While I did begin to lose hair towards the end of my treatment, I noticed that I started losing my eyebrows and eyelashes (lost everything in 3 days) only after completing the chemotherapy regimen, and specifically one month after the end of the chemotherapy.

I am concerned about this delayed onset of eyebrow and eyelash loss and am wondering if this is a normal reaction. Could you please provide some insight into why this might be happening now, a month after finishing my treatment?

Thank you for your attention to this matter. I look forward to your response.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Maddi_CCNSW
Cancer Council Team

Re: Chemotherapy side effects

Hi Polina

I'm sorry to hear you are having such a difficult time due to your chemotherapy.  You could call to Cancer Council's 13 11 20 telephone support line.  It's manned by allied health professionals, hopefully they will be able to help you with information regarding the side effects of this chemotherapy.   They're open Monday to Friday 9-5.  

This is the link to information that is online about chemotherapy, it's not about your specific chemotherapy but I hope this helps. Chemotherapy | Cancer Council

0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.