RANT about Gallows Humour and Chemo Brain.

oldhippy
Occasional Contributor

RANT about Gallows Humour and Chemo Brain.

There needs to be a forum place in here for the Lunatic Fringe, I would be happy to be a foundation member...... Gallows Humour - I hear/read recently its peculiarly English, and if you dont have much English language then you wont get it. You need to read more than the tv guide. I use it a lot, suits me. Fatalism is another word for it I guess. Its all part of the mechanism of coping. Or not. Chemo Brain - the Good Side (see above re humour) - spoken to a few people about this, there's good bits of chemo brain. Like, my ability to understand mathematics on a more intuitive level has increased markedly - lots of Light Bulb moments. Reading plans, and understanding them. Hear about the same from others, the sommellier(SP) who started blowing his colleagues into the weeds in blind testing... skills seem to be enhanced on some areas. It seems curiously undocumented. By the way - have started being told Chemo jokes? - anyone else has? Worth thinking about - or the sort of RANT you would hear from someone who had had Chemo that morning. You decide. Andrew the oldhippy
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
harker
Frequent Contributor

Re: RANT about Gallows Humour and Chemo Brain.

when this turns into something that someone else can participate in, let us know. OK?
0 Kudos
oldhippy
Occasional Contributor

well. RANT pretty well indicates its rhetoric - after that, your choice to respond or not. Andrew the oldhippy.
0 Kudos
Annie333
Occasional Contributor

Thank you for the giggle..:) Annie
0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.