COVID-19 & Cancer - share your experiences

Katekat
Valued Contributor

COVID-19 & Cancer - share your experiences

Cancer Council NSW are inviting participants to take part in an important research study, investigating the impact of COVID-19 and social distancing measures on people affected by cancer. If you are living with a current or previous cancer diagnosis, or if you are a carer or family member of someone affected by cancer, you may be interested in participating in the study.

You can find out more information about this research project on the Cancer Council NSW website at https://www.cancercouncil.com.au/research/research-we-conduct/covid-19-and-cancer/peach-c19/ or simply search for “PEACHC19”on the CCNSW website.

3 REPLIES 3
Katekat
Valued Contributor

Re: COVID-19 & Cancer - share your experiences

Just a reminder that this is still open, for anyone that wished to participate 😊

0 Kudos
EmeraldHeart
Occasional Contributor

This is valuable research into the impact of COVID-19 on cancer treatment and experience. It’s all multiple choice, unless you choose to add additional info. 
An unexpected benefit for me in responding to the questionnaire is that I could express just how deeply I’ve been impacted by not having One. Single. Hug. since my diagnosis due to the whole (very necessary) social distancing thing 🙃

scruffee8

OK!  I'm very new to these discussion groups though not to cancer.  As a nurse, I attended to several patients in a hospital environ and cared for my own mother until her passing from cancer not quite 3 yrs ago.  It was very emotional watching her fade.  Now I find myself in a situation that makes me feel like I'm being torn in several directions.  I am in Vic and my husband is in WA He was coming home 3 times a year.  4 weeks ago he was diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer with mets. I can and have got a G2G pass to go to WA but have to isolate for 2 weeks before I see him.  Now he wants me not to come.  He is really angry at me, charmer to everyone else.  As you can see, several directions.  My 2 younger sisters are insisting I should go over to him.  Our little farm cannot be left untended because of our animals.

He had his first 3hr chemo yesterday.  Very rapid decline in the last 4 weeks.  He cannot breathe without oxygen.  I am so fearful that he will go before I get a chance to see him.  I'm not coping very well because of Covid laws I'm stuck.  I would go to him if there was a way without having fight for a way. I know I'm not the only one in this type of situation. It is super hard trying to deal with my husbands heath and Covid out there ( like the great wall of China blocking the way for many).  At this stage its just taking one day at a time.

Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.