Brain Metastasis Cancer

Rmac3060

Brain Metastasis Cancer

Hi all, my mum found out she has liver & colon cancer Feb 2017. She also had neuroendocrine cancer. Since then she has had 3 round of chemo and 2 surgeries to remove the cancer. A month ago she was told there were not any traces of cancer but when recovering from surgery she began to deteriorate.  She began getting very tired, depressed and eventually started losing use of her left arm. She has now been diagnosed with brain Metastasis. She has 2 tumours in her brain that are so large she has been offered WBRT. I am an only child and 31 years old with 2 young children (4&20 months) and I am struggling to cope. She is also divorced from my dad and no longer with her partner. She has gone from the strongest mum to disabled overnight. Has anyone else experienced anything similar to this? Also I am looking for someone i can speak to as i feel so lonely. Can anyone recommend anywhere I can find the best person to speak too? Thanks so much. X

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
iloveyoudearly7
Frequent Contributor

Re: Brain Metastasis Cancer

Hi Rmac,

That situation sounds very familiar: Treatment, hope, something occurs, treatment, more hope and something additional occurs. While your still trying to handle the original issue. It's a pattern that many have experienced before but of course its different for everyone and never a consist.

It's okay and normal to feel overwhelmed and lonely in tense times like these. But remember that you are never alone, you have family/friends, the loving/supportive members on here and for additonal help on the cancer council to talk too.

Your never alone - i have supplied some additional information, just in case you are ever interested.

Contact the cancer council:
Ph: 13 11 20 for additional information or help.

Support:
https://cancerqld.org.au/get-support/cancer-emotional-support/cancer-counselling-service/

Self help line:
1300MHCALL (1300 64 22 55) - Mental Health Services Access. 

0 Kudos
iloveyoudearly7
Frequent Contributor

Re: Brain Metastasis Cancer

Please ignore, double post.

0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.