Just starting the journey

dragonwyk
Occasional Contributor

Hi Kaza,  Sorry it has taken so long to get back to you but this week has just been insane.  Thanks for mentioning the faulty gene - Tony needs to tell his two sons to get tested, however, we do not have any way of contacting them (that's another whole story).  Once he has had his operation then maybe he can spend some time chasing them up.  The thing is that Tony has no parental history available to him so maybe that is something that adopted children need to take into account if they are in the same position.  One of the other things they found when doing all the scans etc. is that he has an infrarenal abdominal aortic aneurysm which our GP says is likely to be familial. Looking back he should have had the relevant bowel cancer tests done over the years so that early changes were picked up sooner. I shall see if there is a bowel cancer support group near us as I can imagine that it would be helpful to both of us. Thanks and take care, Christine
0 Kudos
Daphne
Not applicable

Hello Everyone I would like to introduce myself to the forum...I was diagnosed with bowel cancer in June 2006 so it is almost 2 years and I am feeling nervous about the 2 yearly test...... I found out about this forum through a group which I attend called Viva....it is run by by the Cancer Council and is a happy group to be in....where we have various activities and I must say this does help being with people in the same world. I had 6 months oral chemotherapy and I hope it has worked for me.....   Very Best Wishes Daphne
0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.