PEACH

bev
Frequent Contributor

PEACH

As most of you know, cancers have certain colours connected to them. Uterine cancer is 'PEACH'. Yesterday, I was lucky enough to win a cutting from The Garden Clinic which is run by Graham Ross. The frangipani is called 'PEACH' and is beautiful. I cannot upload the photo of it to my profile, but those on facebook with me can see it. Can't wait to receive it, and let it grow and flower next year.
0 Kudos
11 REPLIES 11
sarah
Contributor

Re: PEACH

Hi bev, I'm not sure what you mean by "As most of you know". Is that common knowledge around here? I've never heard of it personally. Sarah
0 Kudos
Lynnie
New Contributor

Hi Bev, Wow I've learnt something new today! Uterine is Peach...ovarian is Teal..that's my colour LOL Please show us the frangipani when you take possession and its progress...oh and YOU are so lucky to actually WIN!! Cheers, Lyn xx
0 Kudos
sarah
Contributor

Sorry, mine posted same message twice, I'll take this one, edit and repost. I'm reckoning Hodgkins is beige.. it really was very average and nothing says average like beige (generally, in comparison to other colours I mean, though I do understand it can be used with great versatility and a quite a practical, earthy colour - I don't mean it in this context however). Yes! Good for you!
0 Kudos
bev
Frequent Contributor

I have read that the colour is VIOLET for Hodgkins Lymphoma. I will try to find the full list for Monday night. I remember reading that brown is bowel, grey is for brain. I found the colours a few years ago when I was wanting to crochet some rugs for the Relay for Life, I thought I might do them in the colours to match the cancers.
0 Kudos
Pamela
Contributor

Hi Peach Here is a link to many cancer ribbon colours: http://www.choosehope.com/category/by-cancer-color-cancer-type Kind regards, Pamela
0 Kudos
sarah
Contributor

Hey Pamela, are you spamming? Trying to flog your craft work here? Joking 🙂
0 Kudos
Pamela
Contributor

Just trying to be helpful with colours, Sarah! Mine is Head & Neck - burgundy & white. My profile pic shows my left cheek near the corner of my mouth - taken full depth due to SCC - mouth ulcer. Graft & tendon from left arm to patch face; graft from thigh to patch arm; 30 rads; no chemo; 2 1/2 years clear, thank God! And 6 weeks ago I fell and badly smashed my left humerus which is very slow healing and extremely painful, so no craft work for me. 😞
0 Kudos
sarah
Contributor

Good to see we can crack a joke around here once in a while. Even if not a very funny one :( Oh Pamela, your journey sounds awful I'm so sorry. Yet, you are managing a smile in your photo. Ever so brave we (all of us) are. I hope you have kind people around you that are supporting you with love and kindness. Goes for all of us.
0 Kudos
Pamela
Contributor

Hi Sarah I have very supportive family & friends and the most wonderful carer who can't do enough for me! I tend to smile a lot - partly because I am so blessed and happy in many ways - and partly because doing so keeps my mouth closed. When relaxed the corner is permanently open, which causes both dribbles and/or dry mouth. Prayers for needs fulfilled for all 🙂
0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.