Partner has stage 4 bowel cancer liver mets permanent colostomy

KellyK99229
New Contributor

Partner has stage 4 bowel cancer liver mets permanent colostomy

Hi Everyone, I've come here in the hopes of finding a few friends to talk to that are in similar situations. I am 30 and my 28 yr old partner has bowel cancer with liver mets. He's currently in hospital after the first of three surgeries and I'm not coping very well. Thought someone in the same situation would be helpful to talk with and find support with one another.
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Stace
Contributor

Re: Partner has stage 4 bowel cancer liver mets permanent ...

HI KellyK I am not in the same situation as you however did go through bowel cancer (stage 2) at age 30 back in 2010. I had a colostomy bag for a while which has now been reversed. Im not sure if I can be any support for you or not but thought I would send you a message to see how you are going. Regards Stacey
0 Kudos
Stace
Contributor

Re: Partner has stage 4 bowel cancer liver mets permanent ...

HI KellyK I am not in the same situation as you however did go through bowel cancer (stage 2) at age 30 back in 2010. I had a colostomy bag for a while which has now been reversed. Im not sure if I can be any support for you or not but thought I would send you a message to see how you are going. Regards Stacey
0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.