Support for Partners

Free
Occasional Contributor

Support for Partners

Can anyone tell me if there are any support services for stressed partners in the Sydney metro area? I really think my Dad would benefit from having someone caring but neutral to talk with to process his stress, to protect his own health, and to lessen the effects of his stress on Mum as she battles her cancer. I am not sure if he would find a forum like this helpful. Ideas?
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
topenddownunder
Contributor

Re: Support for Partners

Hi Free..I have found this site useful for connecting with others, and being able to share emotional and physical problems with what sufferers may be going through, sometimes on the open forum, others prefer emails to discuss their situation. Another very good idea is to contact The Cancer Council direct, and have a chat. They are very good and can supply helpful information. Greg & De
0 Kudos
lawman
Occasional Contributor

Dear Free, Firstly, welcome. Ye, I know what you mean by the forum being a tad overwhelming. That was my initial experience; however once you make a post, outlining what you need and don't need, as you've done, you can normally see a signpost to what will help. The suggestion of contacting the Cancer Council is an excellent idea. I wish you well. George.
0 Kudos
Free
Occasional Contributor

Thank you, great ideas.
0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.