Hello, I am wondering if someone could help us with the decision my partner has to make this week. Following 2 TURPS and biopsies to confirm TCC, Peter has a week to decide to do BCG treatment or have a cystectomy and would like input on this. He is 66 and fit and healthy other than this issue. Also has anyone got a urostomy and can give Peter any thoughts on that and regarding the 2 different methods that can be used. Thanks for any help, Lesley
Hi Peter and Lesley,
I do have an ileal conduit but I didn't really have any other option. I joined an on-line bladder cancer support group called BCAN- Bladder Cancer Advocacy Network. The site has many different forums covering all aspects of the bladder cancer spectrum. I hope this helps.
Thank you for coming back to us. Life has been a bit busy and this is the first time I have been on for a while to see your comment. Peter saw a different specialist the next visit who suggested [??????] BCG treatment for 6 weeks then review, Peter was happy with this option as he had been worried about the cystectomy.
I,m not so sure it's the right way to go but hopefully if it doesn't work he won't have lost too much time. I'll google BCAN right now, thanks again, Lesley
Cancer Council NSW would like to acknowledge the traditional custodians of the land on which we live and work.We would also like to pay respect to elders past and present and extend that respect to all other Aboriginal people.