Neulasta or pegfilgrim

rosebud
Not applicable

Neulasta or pegfilgrim

Hi everyone. I am knew to this forum and am looking for information on the drug neulasta (or pegfilgrim) I have a parent having chemotherapy for bowel cancer . Several chemotherapy cycles have been missed due to low neutrophils. We understand that neulasta can be used to boost the neutrophils. We have been told by the oncologist that my parents is not eligible for neulasta. It is not clear why though there does seem to be a cost issue. I would love to know if anyone with bowel cancer has been treated with this drug in Australia. Any information greatly appreciated.
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Sailor
Deceased

Re: Neulasta or pegfilgrim

Hi Rosebud If you go to Dr Google and type in neulastin TGA you will get all the information you need from the Therapeutic Good Administration. If you go to the following website http://www.nhhrc.org.au/internet/main/publishing.nsf/Content/pbac-psd-pegfilgrastim-nov08 , it is all there. From what I can see it is available on the PBS but a special application has to be made. cheers Sailor It is the weather, not work, that wears out sails. Thomas Fleming Day
0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.