Prostate Cancer

snr47
New Contributor

Prostate Cancer

My husband has just been diagnosed with prostate cancer. He goes back to urologist tomorrow to be booked into hospital to have surgery. Our brains feel a bit scrambled at the moment. We are both scared but looking on the positive side. Concerned about incontinence and can't find a lot on the subject. Just basic things like what kind of pads to wear etc. Has anyone had the radical surgery and what happens after the operation. All advice would be so welcome.
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Sailor
Deceased

Re: Prostate Cancer

Hi snr47 I sat down and wrote a long response to you on Sunday night and posted it - I do not know what happened to it. I explained all about the alternatives to surgery, questions you needed ask, what information you needed. I stressed that you did not have to rush and before you saw the urologist on Monday there was important information you needed to know. I guess it is all a bit late now and you are probably booked for surgery. Go to the http://www.prostatehealth.org.au website - it is all evidence based material, and the links are carefully checked. You will find all the answers you need there. I will be checking with the moderators of this site as to what happened to my post as it was there and I later copied and pasted some material from it to another posting. Regards Sailor Never go into strange places on a falling tide without a pilot. Thomas Gibson Bowles I think this was the quote I put at the end of the posting.
0 Kudos
snr47
New Contributor

Re: Prostate Cancer

Thankyou Sailor for your comments and the website to look at. My husband has chosen to have the operation. We are hoping for a positive outcome.
0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.