Another newbie

Freelife
New Contributor

Another newbie

Hi, my name is Rachel and ive just discovered this Website so have registered and thought id say hello. I lost my husband 5 months ago to pancreatic cancer and it was a shock to us both, with us only having two months left together from time of diagnoses. Im not sure what im expecting to get out of this but felt i wanted/needed to reach out further to those who maybe in the same shoes. I have found seeing a grief counsellor very helpful and i guess im hoping this will be similar in a way. Anyway thats a little about myself.
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Malcolml
Occasional Contributor

Re: Another newbie

G'day Rachel, I've just signed up to after seeing a post come though FaceBook about this site's existance. I'm FITH, Oligodrenglyomia, I had my right temperal lobe chopped out and got radio/chemo, In remission at the moment, but it will be back. When it does, then the treatment regrime will depend on where in my head it pops up next. I see you are online at the moment, I wish this site had "chat" Malcolm
0 Kudos
Freelife
New Contributor

Hi Malcolm, yeah i noticed you were online also. Im still trying to find my way around the site, but i think ill find this very helpful if not informative. Nice to meet you.
0 Kudos
caring_partner
Occasional Contributor

Hi Rachel. I am so sorry to hear of your husbands passing. My husband passed away on 20th November 2011 so I know some of what you are going through. I have sent you a private message. Sending cyber hugs your way Regards Gail
0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.