I am new

Motherswan
Not applicable

I am new

Hi I am 31 and my mother has been gone for 2 years. She battled lung cancer for 3 years and heartbreakingly passed on 19/09/2014 at 67 years of age. The doctor had only given her 12 months and she kept this from us. We only found out at her funeral. I miss her more every day it does not easier, having two very young children of my own and not being able to get mums advice and love. I am lost.
2 REPLIES 2
HappyDragon
Occasional Contributor

Re: I am new

Hi Motherswan I feel for you it is really hard when our Mum's pass away. Sending hugs to you
0 Kudos
MissingDad

Re: I am new

I am so sorry. It must be so hard for you. I can completely understand how having children would make you miss your mum on a daily basis. I found having photos around the house and talking with my children about my dad who passed away recently has helped the feeling of been overwhelmed. At first, it hurts and there were many tears, but slowly it is helping. 

@Motherswan wrote:
Hi I am 31 and my mother has been gone for 2 years. She battled lung cancer for 3 years and heartbreakingly passed on 19/09/2014 at 67 years of age. The doctor had only given her 12 months and she kept this from us. We only found out at her funeral. I miss her more every day it does not easier, having two very young children of my own and not being able to get mums advice and love. I am lost.

Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.