18F Leukemia

goldenpash321

18F Leukemia

Hey everyone, 

Never thought that I would be posting on a forum like this but here we are. 

I am an 18 year old female who got diagnosed with Leukemia this afternoon and this is the first time that I have said (typed) those words. Honestly I'm just looking for advice as I am currently sprialling into the deep hole of Dr. Google. 

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Paula007
Contributor

Re: 18F Leukemia

Thank you so much for reaching out, you have been very brave, I am not sure this group for Head and Neck Cancer will give you the answers that you need.  Your best support will come from Canteen they support young people and their families with cancer www.canteen.org.au best contact 1800226833.

I wish you all the best.

0 Kudos
Susana_CCNSW
Cancer Council Team

Hi Goldenpash321, I am sorry to hear about your diagnosis.  I would like to suggest, checking cancercouncil.com.au for more information or click on the link below to read a little bit more about the different types of blood cancer/leukemia.

I hope you find this information useful, you can also call 131120 and talk to one of our health professionals.

https://www.cancercouncil.com.au/blood-cancers/

Kind regards

Susana

CCNSW

0 Kudos
TroppoGreen

Hi

i just wanted to message you so that you weren’t alone. I got diagnosed only 5 weeks ago and my world has turned upside down. I know I would appreciate some contact from someone else in a similar situation so am reaching out to say I am here and I heard you. It’s so shocking and so hard and I just wanted to reach out and send you something from someone who feels it too.

ALL THE BEST

Sharôn 

0 Kudos
LilyPily
New Contributor

Hi there,

You’re not alone, friend. My twin (23f) was just diagnosed with skin cancer so I understand how afraid you must be. Do you have any support or friends to help you during this time? Please let me know if you’d like a buddy to talk to.

you don’t have to go through this alone, I promise.

0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.