Breast cancer found me, now it can get lost!!!!

Lameolpa
Not applicable

Breast cancer found me, now it can get lost!!!!

Hi there, I was diagnosed with breast cancer two weeks ago and am due to have my first surgery next week to remove the right breast and commence reconstruction using an expander. I feel a bit isolated as I don't know anyone else who is in a similar position to me so I thought this might be a good place to connect. I have 2 young children (2 & 7) and to be honest that is the very hardest thing about all this. I am told that I seem very calm and that I'm strong and I know these two things to be true but someone I struggle to hold it together. How are you guys feeling?
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Fabulous
New Contributor

Re: Breast cancer found me, now it can get lost!!!!

Hi I had my boobs off 4.4.16 how are you going. There is lots of us out here. Talk anytime you want. Christine
0 Kudos
Densan
Not applicable

Re: Breast cancer found me, now it can get lost!!!!

Hi there..... I too under went a Mastectomy of the right breast, and had a tissue expander put in at the same time. My op was late May, 2016. My lymph nodes were all clear.....thank goodness. The operation was relatively easy, drainage bag was not an issue. I had a great Plastic Surgeon, and team. Their after care has been exceptional! I have had 3 top ups. My expander has not been a problem at all. Apart from a missing nipple, it looks rather good! After the Op, I must say, sleeping on yr back is prob the most difficult thing to get used to! I am currently having Chemo as a safety net, 4 rounds, 3 weeks apart. I have then chosen to have Radiation to even further reduce my chances of cancer returning! Gotta do what you have to do!! After Radiation my P.S will give me a final top up. I will have my silicon boob inserted next year, and at this stage may have the other reduced. Let me say......you will prob bounce quicker ...I am 62, 63.in September. Good luck with your journey, happy to answer any questions. Sandra B
0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.