Cervical Cancer, anyone else with the same???

Miss_Moo
New Contributor

Re: Cervical Cancer, anyone else with the same???

Hi Tracey, Not to scare you but my first lot of treatment finished in September 2010, just last week we found it has come back. I only had external radiation and it really wasn't that unpleasant. Apart from a yellowish tan around the areas that were exposed to the radiation, which eventually faded, and 3 tattoo's the size of a pen point I really didn't have any bad side effects. This time round though they are discussing both internal and external radiation and chemo. I find out tomorrow what we'll be doing. Emotionally it has been easier to deal with this time. It's harder to stay positive that we'll beat it this time but I'm confident as I have a great team. I'll also feel better if we're hitting it with every treatment imaginable. I just want to blow it out of the water! Good luck with your meeting tomorrow, I'll be keeping you in my thoughts!
0 Kudos
traceypcktt
Occasional Contributor

I'm so sorry to hear this is your second time round, surely once is enough hey. I have been warned already that because mine is invasive that there is a chance that even with treatment now it could return in the future, but like you I am a fighter and I know that we will both beat this thing, no way in hell is the bastard beating me! Amazing that we are both getting such major news tomorrow, I will be thinking of you, your not in Melbourne are you? I hope it all goes well this time around, please keep me posted as to what they decide for you. I'm glad you have such confidence in your team of doctors too, must make it slightly easier knowing that they truelly are doing all they can for you and that you trust in their decisions. Good luck tomorrow, I hope you have a lot of love and support around you, please do let me know how you get on. Take care Trace.
0 Kudos
Miss_Moo
New Contributor

Hi Tracey, I'm in Sydney for treatment. Would've been crazy if we were both in Melbourne tho! Will definately keep you updated. Sending you all sorts of positive vibes for your news tomorrow and so hoping you have lots of love and support also!
0 Kudos
sally_deleiuen
New Contributor

i was only 27 when i was told that i have cervical cancer. i had it when i was having my daughter and on one found it until i very bad blooding. the told me that it had been they for 3 year be for the got it. i am now 31. i guess that you are peter MC for treatment. i have had two lots of chemo and radio do.
0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.