Diagnosed with Neuroendocrine Cancer in Duodenum

ChrisG23
Occasional Contributor

Diagnosed with Neuroendocrine Cancer in Duodenum

Hi

My name is Chris 

I've recently in the last month been diagnosed with neuroendocrine cancer in the duodenum with a possible spread to lymph node near pancreas.The symtoms were so common and I was diagnosed with IBS but it was by chance the dr decided to do a pet scan which showed the cancer. It's been really an emotional roller-coaster. They have now done a biopsy on the lymph node near the pancreas as this wasn't done the first time. I don't know where this will all go and what will happen but if I'm honest I'm scared. I'm scared for my family and I'm scared that this will be something that will always be coming after me. I've started treatment at peter mac which are just amazing and I hope there will be a good outcome. I'm told it will be surgery and chemo to treat it.For all those battling the big C keep fighting and remember you are not alone. 

1 REPLY 1
Cazzita25
Occasional Contributor

Re: Diagnosed with Neuroendocrine Cancer in Duodenum

Hello Chris,

So sorry you have been diagnosed with this, it's a scary and unbelievable time isn't it?

I have head & neck cancer and I'm one week post op, will know if I need radiation next week. I also wonder if it will keep coming after me and how and why this even happened. Fingers crossed that all your outcomes will be good, it is amazing what they do these days. Keep fighting and remember that you are not alone either. Best wishes. x

Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.