Grappling with reality

Janine3220
Contributor

Re: Grappling with reality

No no no no no

COughing is the body's natural way of ELIMINATING the offending pus that the immune system has created to envelop and kill this mongrel, the coughing is for dislodging the bug. I know you have a sleeping issue with it but read on and give it a few days.

Geezus what a bunch of ignorant @#$%^&*((s these doctors. YOu don't need a pill.Read on.

Pseudomonas is a bug the loves damp conditons. Rainy Season about?? Mould Damp in the bathroom or house? Lack of exercise to get the lungs going??? Lack of meditative still, deep breathing IN through the nose, OUT through the mouth. 

If your teeth are in bad shape, that would be contributing to anyone's risk for heart disease, lung disease, breast disease. Just google bad teeth or oral biome and cancer.   

Go to the pharmacist -- NOT the GP -- (GPs only do 12 weeks of pharmacology at Uni and then listen to the pharma reps!!! selling their wares) and ask the PHARMACIST whether vitamin C (not calcium ascorbate - don't take that)  sodium ascorbate is contraindicated with your medications. Take his advice. If he doesn't know, go see another PHARMACIST.  And if you are eating tangelos or grapefruit, stop while on meds as these inflate the effect of a lot of meds.

The best brand? Blackmores. I cannot advise you on the amount of Vitamin C. I know what I would take and needed to clear a 4 month bug (from the kids next door and their mum) I took 500mg x 4 (=2000mg). I stopped after 3 days, but it hadn't cleared, then I continued for another 3 days. Bingo. No more coughing. I took it at 3 meals and before bed.  I now have reduced to 500mg in divided doses (because it washes out of the body so to speak). Now, you are in a different position with respect to dosage, so ask the Pharmacist if 1500 or 2000mg would be too much for you or at all on those meds of yours.

I take the chewable brand becuase I hate pill swallowing. And, I always take it with a bit of fruit like berries or kiwi or orange, or a piece of raw capsicum.  Vitamin C raises the acid level of the blood and kills viruses and bacteria : )). But you don't want to live on this dosage or acidity. 500mg is enough for daily consumption.

All the prophylactics are out there in nature for us.  My (deceased) husband was trained in old-herbal school pharmacy and the modern stuff; we used to rely on the herbal stuff, but for some reason we decided that chemicals would fix us... It all depends, I mean modern drugs do have their place too.

What pisses me off, and you have me on a roll here LOL is eg the doctors don't seem to understand that the head is connected to the body. I've just attended online a week's worth of Dental seminars by dentists and cardiologists and biological dentists (USA). The dentists know this but why it isn't blasted from every corner I don't know:  The teeth extracted from CVD, cancer and breast cancer patients were autopsied:  what did they find? huge amounts of dental bacteria (that cause eg periodontitis) in these teeth. Is cancer an infection?  It is well known that bad teeth and an unhealthy oral biome cause heart attacks:

Cancer patients survive their treatment and then die from a heart attack why? Bad oral bacteria (the bad kind - because there are good oral bacteria but largely become overwhelmed by the sheer volume of bad bacteria, from smoking, booze, junk and a bad diet (no veg, fruit, fibrous veg and bread) - get swallowed and to put it simply cause inflammation in the body and organs.

The other thing I learned, is that a mouth might look healthy but xrays can show old abscesses or new ones that you cannot even feel, but the person chews on that tooth and each time pus is released into the lymph. A lack of exercise, lack of oxygenated blood and the lymph doesn't move and the bacteria hang around in certain places. Real time special xrays can show the route of the bacteria from the mouth to e.g. the breast.  When I asked my Onc yesterday and the junior (1st year Onc student) if they knew about the oral biome and dental connection, all the Onc could say in the softest of voices (perplexed? or did he know? hmmm) was 'yes the oral biome is important'; when I asked him about Iodine, he didn't know a thing.

There is a RANTES score (infection scores in disease): periodontitis 4500;  prostate cancer 13000; breast cancer 19800; colon cancer 15000; MS 53900.  Chemical therapies...  Antioxidants in food... Now you may understand my passion for health and ranting : )). None of these medicos talk about food and nutrient analysis of the individual.

The onc was a character yesterday - a real joker and a softie and a bit forgetful and rushed- but highly respected. He kept me waiting 2.5 hours and then rushed me through my appointment with him. He was under the pump. I think I must have been a rare bird yesterday because he and the nurses were congratulating me - well I guess they see more than their share of suffering in that place too, it takes its toll on them; after all they became nurses and doctors to help, but the system is crushing them too.

If you are interested, you might want to check this book and doctor out:  Dr Thomas Levy, "The Hidden Epidemic". He is a cardiologist and lawyer, and has researched thousands of studies and written the book which is a reference for dentists, and for us showing the link to diseases.

By the way, I got the all clear; after 2 somewhat challenging months of testing, waiting. I am glad for the mental experience. Teetering on a knife edge, I've fallen back to Earth.

1.Vitamin C check with pharmacist - ring him up and ask.  

2.If you can and like, I recommend a sheet of toasted nori seaweed (in Asian section) daily for the Iodine and its antimicrobial (antibiotic) and antiviral properties. It's crisp and lovely - a bit like paper but it softens and melts in your mouth, nice in soup : ))

3. Deep slow breathing. In thru nose (filters air and avoids breathing in oral bacteria!!!), exhale through mouth with firmness - ie shove it out, then gently in through nose.

Good for you for finding the courage to challenge them - it's hard when you are dealing with human nature, power, and the system.

I am excited for you!!!

Janine3220
Contributor

Part B, of my earlier reply.

In the morning, before you do anything else, gently brush your teeth, tongue and cheeks and rinse with lightly salted water, then fresh water (not tank water, boiled and refrigerated the night before with a cap on the bottle).  You don't want to be swallowing the overnight proliferation of bacteria in your mouth.

: ))

Janine3220
Contributor

Hi Alishan

You are not alone. There is the community here, but importantly look about you: there are people ready to help and you don't even know it. When I got 'diagnosed' (the doctor should not have 'diagnosed' me before my biopsy but oh yes he was certain, crikey) I told my closest - the men ran for the hills, the women were walking on glass, but another family, my neighbours,  adopted me and took me to my appointments and bolstered my emotions - primarily disbelief (because I have done 'everything' right), and Fear and uncertainty. It turned out I had to be strong for everyone because They couldn't help their fears and helplessness.  Anyway, I have no living relatives, close or distant, left. I was surrounded with kindness, compassion and love. Reach out. You are not alone. People cannot help if you don't reach out. If you read Grappling with reality you will read of Mensana's documented journey and it will provide you with factual hope.

I recommend a few books and particularly the one by Kelly Turner Ph.D.  RADICAL REMISSION. You can get it from Booktopia (4 day delivery) or Amazon. Or from your local library. Highly recommended.

I am a psychotherapist and postgrad student of Nutrition (which isn't just about vitamins).  The mind and heart are more powerful than anyone can as yet imagine (especially the medical fraternity and materialists). When I was told I had it, I became grateful that I had an 'end-date'. So many people think they get tomorrow - nup, nobody does. They leave for work and never come home again. 'We' have time up our sleeves and can make a review, become reconciled, and plan for what is important to us. I am so grateful I was led down this C-garden path.

We are all here for you now : )

Dee58
Contributor

I love your replies to posts xxx

🙂
Donna
0 Kudos
Dee58
Contributor

@Alishan

Wow... your post here is like one I made months ago... I just had and beat head and neck cancer. My follow up scan was a month ago and I got the all clear. But like you, I also had no family and went through it on my own, even driving myself to/from appointments and treatments. I only entrusted 2 close friends to the truth - 1 was also a naturopath who helped me, and the other friend came with me when i had to drive into the city and I was worried how I'd go coming home in peak traffic. I think life would have been a lot easier for me if I'd had someone to help with cooking, shopping and housework and gardening - but I didn't and I didn't want to burden my friend with that either so I didn't ask. But I also knew I was strong enough to do it - not as well as I usually did it or as often, but it got done - except the garden which is now overrun with weeds and winter grass and I'm trying to pull out a bit each day.

What I'm discovering now in this journey is people think once you have had/beaten cancer that its back to life as normal. They have no idea of the price we pay for our life... the bits that are damaged and no longer work - like ending up with lymphedema, no saliva (drymouth), no taste, and continued pain from the radiation. You have to breathe AND eat through your mouth/throat area and when that takes a walloping, your entire existence is affected... and they don't tell you that at the beginning. And people don't understand that while I may have beaten the cancer, I am now battling other things, side effects, some of which I may have forever, some for months, and some for who knows how long and may not come back fully if they do.
So, think ahead because even when you finish treatment, you will have a whole lot of other challenges possibly and new reactions from people who think you will go back to who you were beforehand... and you'll find out why we just smile at them because there is no way you could possibly explain it all and not come across as whingeing or something pathetic... so we all just say nothing and smile...
You will meet some wonderfully, supportive people on this forum, some who will become good friends. I met a great person in Victoria through the forum and he was the greatest support and is still what I consider to be a very good friend.

Who needs family when you've got the forum 🙂

Good luck!
xxx
Janine3220
Contributor

Wow Your post is awesome.  I don't usually use the word 'awesome' fyi : )).

You now have a therapeutic garden to work on, each weed you pull on is one day closer to healing!!

There are side-effects and one critical one is the dry-mouth (Xerostomia) and it can lead to dental problems which must be given 200% attention, since decay risk is high and the bad bacteria (not the good bacteria) take over in that environment, and influence the gut biome and also travel into the lymph system (see below).

To ensure optimal oral biome balance as far as possible: no added sugars or white flour products or processed foods (GP can give you a referral to meals on wheels). Eat a rainbow of fruit and veg, nuts, wholegrain bread (wholemeal wheat or rye etc and seeds) and protein. No body tells us we have good bacteria and bad bacteria in the mouth!!!  The good bacteria protect the gums and teeth from bad bacteria drilling into the gums and causing jawbone decay, unapparent root canal infection, and abscesses!  Vigorous flossing can break the gums. Any blood and rinse the mouth with salty water then fresh. If it persists the next day, see your dentist pronto.  The healthy foods create a balanced acid/alkali environment protective of teeth  [ for hundreds of thousands of years we did not brush teeth, we didn't need to because we had healthy naturally foods and the proof is in the teeth of ancient man dug up in archeological sites] .

There are products on the market for dry-mouth - read the labels, all of them have chemicals, a bit won't hurt but too much well your naturopath would agree that too much wouldn't be good for anyone. there are things you can do: a DROP of lemon juice or apple cider vinegar to stimulate saliva; same on salad but be careful of too much and ensure you have other foods or liquids at the meal to balance the dentine destroying acidity.  Sips of water (part of your hydration) throughout the day (don't put fruit or cucumber skins etc in the water as these can introduce salmonella! and you don't want any external bad bacteria in your life). Berries can be sourish and stimulate saliva. Occasional sugar-free lozenges help, but NB that artificial sweeteners (including stevia which has been processed) can upset the gut bacteria balance.

A toothpaste that rebuilds teeth (Oral B has tooth enamel and gum sensitivity pastes - my teeth have improved) will have you in a good place. 

Dee, you have read my other posts/rants : ) so this next bit is more for anyone else reading this post:

One reason why exercise is necessary during cancer is that without exercise, the lymph which does not have a pump like the arterial and venous system, gets sluggish and the bugs hang around in critical areas like the heart and breast and groin. Exercise pushes the lymph and helps the bowel  assisting the body's natural (toxin and rubbish) elimination systems. 

Also, exercise provides oxygen to the blood and oxygen kills bacteria, viruses, fungi and parasites which love sedentary people. It's hard to walk sometimes, but anything (fly swatting, making circles with arms or legs) even for 1 minute here and there at one's worst is beneficial as it adds up. Endorphins eventually kick in and are motivational. Also the antioxidants and fibre from fruit and veg neutralise the free radicals that increase during illness. No one tells you this, I do.

And, hydration hydration hydration - why? The lymph by volume is x3 greater than our blood volume. The lymph as garbage collector needs fluid. The blood is the food delivery river service to the cells, and first point of call transporter of rubbish to the lymph, and supply chain maestro for red blood cells, immune soldier cells, and deliverer of medications and oxygen and must have water or it thickens and causes cholesterol build-up - no one tells you this - on arterial walls, increases blood pressure, causes headaches and much worse.

Youtube would have videos on how to perform lymphatic drainage on yourself - easypeasy. It takes 5 minutes to do your pressure points and you can meditate in the garden or anywhere while you do it.

xx J

Dee58
Contributor

@Janine3220 

thanks again for your wonderful reply with all that valuable information!  I truly appreciate it.

The good news is I have been exercising since as soon as my treatment ended.  I started ballroom dancing classes - started with one a week and now I do six a week 🙂  Plus extra workouts 4 times a week.  Plus I walk my dog for 30 mins to 1 hour every day.   My friends can't believe it - I have more energy than they do 🙂  ha ha 

I do have some stuff for dry mouth and try to keep sipping water regularly as well and I have a dentist appointment booked for Tuesday - my dentist has me on a six monthly plan.  I started using one of those redlight/infrared light therapy lamps a few weeks ago and now I have saliva coming back... slowly but surely... so I can vouch for those lamps but you have to wait until you have the all clear before using them... 

My throat burned today too which was unfortunate because I was at a picnic and it hurt to eat so I nibbled a bit and that was it.  Then it passed and by this evening I was okay to eat again.  I hate when that happens and didn't realise it would still have burning moments months later...  is that normal too?

Ha - funny question... nothing is normal for us anymore, is it!  🙂

0 Kudos
Janine3220
Contributor

Super Woman!!

Hmmm that sore throat, not sure, your naturopath friend could help there and take a look. Mention it to your dentist.  When the mucosa lining our throat gets dried out or even just a weeny bit that is a big open door for bad bacteria to settle in and inflame and proliferate causing a cold. It can happen to anyone anytime. I would rinse the mouth and then gently (with the softest brush possible) brush the teeth, gargle with salty water for 30 seconds to kill the bug, and then rinse the mouth with cool/warm previously boiled water. Then if you have a teaspoon of Organic honey, or a milky drink or eg custard that might soothe your throat.  A lozenge like Strepsils (I luv the sugar-free lemon or strawberry) will kill a bug and I always have them in my handbag for emergencies. Best not to kiss anyone, but then again we live in COVID times. Watch the inflammation.

You are exercising a lot. Yes you put us all to shame. But could you be overdoing it a tad? and that can stress your body as well not only in terms of joints and muscle but cortisol (which is damaging) and interferes with blood glucose, it's all connected, sorry : ((. A lot of exercise would require extra water, replenishment of electrolytes*  (because you are sweating), extra antioxidants from wholefoods (veg fruit fish meat nuts grains) and extra protein (after the workout) because of the wear and tear of bone and muscle. And then you will need good sleep for the repair work to happen during the night. It's all about balance.   Woman to woman, have you had a bone density test yet?  Are you doing the meditation thinggy? 

*Hydrate but also replace Electrolytes   (potassium, magnesium, calcium and sodium) : think in terms of banana or fruit with some nuts (potassium), milk (calcium), seeds/grains/beans/leafy greens/yoghurt/fruits (magnesium),  a tablespoon of salted nuts/an olive/celery (sodium chloride). Or just have a natural yoghurt and eg banana smoothy or hummus dip with wholegrain rice crackers or cheese, tomato, avo on wholegrain. And, there's protein in all of these : ))  You will replenish, and aid the development of muscle which is so critical to health, systems balancing, movement, and ageing.

Have a great Sunday!!

0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.