Hi - Newly diagnosed with Rectal Cancer

Rusty01
New Contributor

Hi - Newly diagnosed with Rectal Cancer

I almost feel like I don't belong here; this seems so unreal; though I am very sure it is going to get too real too soon. I had a colonoscopy a couple of weeks ago and it was "incomplete" but they found one polyp, which has shown to be malignant. This Wednesay I am having a CT Colonoscopy and I am scheduled to have a Low Anterior Resection on 6th June. At this stage they don't know if the polyp was all there was and between the ct colonoscopy and resection I am hoping the picture will be clear (er)... Wish me luck, Rusty.
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
DG
Contributor

Re: Hi - Newly diagnosed with Rectal Cancer

Rusty I wish you all the luck in the world, I too didnt feel like i belonged here either, but yeah i have bowel cancer, liver lesions and lymph nodes, I dont feel as if i have ever had enough answers to my many neverending questions, so i will encourage everyone to to ask all they can, it is OUR body OUR illness and we must take charge as much as possible keep in touch if u so wish 🙂
0 Kudos
Rusty01
New Contributor

Re: Hi - Newly diagnosed with Rectal Cancer

Hi RG, Thanks for your reply. I have had no complaints at all about doctors but i find most of their receptionists can be a trial. I have recently been referred to a third surgeon because they found a mass in my right lung. Sooo.. This may delay my colorectal surgery. I see the cardio-thoracic surgeon next Tuesday so i am hoping to have some direction then. The biggest problem for me so far has been my daughter and partner (who is not her Dad) trying to deal with each other when they are both anxious about me. Sigh. They are both trying their best and largely succeeding. This is such a journey ! Regards, Rusty
0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.