Hi. Recently diagnosed with bowel cancer

MoniqueMc
New Contributor

Hi. Recently diagnosed with bowel cancer

Hi everyone I live in Brisbane and have recently been diagnosed with bowel cancer. I look forward to getting to know you all better Moni
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Stace
Contributor

Re: Hi. Recently diagnosed with bowel cancer

Hi There Moni How are you? I live in country WA & have just spent a year going through treatments and operations for bowel cancer and just thought i would say hello What stage Cancer do you have? Do you have any children etc? Kind regards Stacey
0 Kudos
Braveb
Occasional Contributor

Hi Moni, Welcome to Cancer Connections. I was diagnosed with Stage 3 colorectal cancer in January this year. I've had chemoradiotherapy, surgery and am now part way through Folfox4. Ben
0 Kudos
etacarinae
Occasional Contributor

Hi Moni Ditto for me here too. :) How are you going? Have you had surgery yet? Hope you are bearing up. Cheers Eta
0 Kudos
MoniqueMc
New Contributor

Hi everyone, Thank you all for posting back to me. It has been a ray of sunlight in my otherwise dismal world. I have an 8 year old daughter. She is the sunshine of my life. According to the doctors the cancer has spread and now I have a brain tumor of all things. I would have thought it would spread gradually to like the stomach or something. The doctors dont like my chances but I am a fighter. Nevertheless I am making sure my will is in order and that Ayeisha will get raised by people I approve of. I havent given up but it is dark days for me. Moni
0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.