New and pancreatic cancer.

Tanwhyte
Occasional Contributor

Re: New and pancreatic cancer.

Hi everyone! Hope you all had an amazing Christmas and here is to a wonderful new year! Been a while since I have been on, hope everyone is feeling fantastic and kicking ass! I am up to treatment number 10 and feeling like I could take on the world! Had ct scans done last week and got results yesterday, everything is shrinking or disappearing! They had to give me double contrast dye for 2 different scans and they actually could see inside of my pancreas at the tumor, not enough to measure it but by what they could see it has defiantly shrunk. All the lesions on my neck are completely gone! The ones in my glands around gullet and osophigus have nearly all gone, liver ones have shrunk by half again or gone! So here is to this year doing better than 2013! Every side effect they told me I would get I have not got, the only thing is still battling the good old blood clots in my legs! Prob move faster if I remembered to take my injections twice a day! Lol. I am shocking with medications! My oncologist keeps yelling at me! I hope that all of you have good results and show those doctors how much determination you have to beat anything they try to hit you with! Hope, love and sheer determination! We will show the world! Tanya
0 Kudos
iangray9
New Contributor

Hi Tim I'm a newbie and don't know how to write to you in a public way without replying to something you posted. Congrats on your successful procedure. That is something I am aiming for. I am a 64 year old male who over the 12 months since diagnosis has responded well to chemo for pancreatic cancer (metastatic adenocarcinoma mainly of the tail of the pancreas), but so far surgeons won’t operate because there has been evidence of metastases into omentum and peritoneum. I’ve been off chemo since November 15 2013 and so far my ca19.9 has stayed stable. One surgeon has said if it stays stable for 6 months he would operate with whipple and removal of omentum. I am hoping for this but realistically it may not stay stable in next month or so and I will be back on chemo. At what stage of proceedings did you have your whipple? In what State of Australia did you have it? How has quality of life been since? Thanks !! Ian
0 Kudos
timvick
Occasional Contributor

Well I feel ashamed for not posting for 8 months (yikes!) but still going well with a few bumps along the way. More importantly how is everyone? Still doing well I trust!
0 Kudos
timvick
Occasional Contributor

Opps sorry Ian I did not respond to your questions - very rude of me! I had my Whipple fairly quickly (2 weeks) after them working out that I didn't have Hepatitis A. I live in Perth and had it at Fremantle Hospital. Considering the size of the operation my life hasn't been too bad considering the alternative was death.... I had the op on June 22 2012, was discharged after a week (a world record according to my nurses) and went back to work in January part time during chemo, March full time and have been there pretty much since March 2013 with a few off days every few months. Tell me your story please?
0 Kudos
DG
Contributor

Im so pleased for u things seem to be going so well i hope they continue to do so 🙂 xx
0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.