New to Site. New to Cancer

BrisChic39
New Contributor

New to Site. New to Cancer

Hi I'm Kerri and was diagnosed with 1b1 Cervical cancer on Aug 5th. I had no symptoms and was found through a regular Pap smear. I start treatment (5 chemo, 28 radiation and brachy) on October 4th. It still doesn't feel real. I'm angry, scared, depressed and anxious. But I'm also extremely grateful it was found when it was. I'm almost 40, no kids and extremely single haha. I don't know many people but those I do know are supportive. Since starting my journey only a couple months ago I'm overwhelmed and surprised by how much help and support is out there. And I've been using it too, esp the Counselling. I've been bombarded with so much info and I feel well informed, but still have lots of questions. Hopefully this group can help with some of them. Thank you
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
grrlboiwonder
Occasional Contributor

Re: New to Site. New to Cancer

Hi Kerri - I'm wondering how your treatment has been going for you? I'm so pleased to hear that you've been pleasantly surprised and overwhelmed with help and support. Hope you get to ask your questions and get the answers you need.
0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.