Teeth extraction after tonsil cancer treatment

Pinesink
Occasional Contributor

Re: Teeth extraction after tonsil cancer treatment

Hi Parvez, thank you for your advice and story, it's really inspiration to me, now is the 5th week to me, hopefully I can get over this!!! 

0 Kudos
Parvez
Occasional Contributor

Dear Pine(never sink)

Good you are brave... Enjoy with the diseases rather to feared. Now on u may face some mucosities which may give you some type of irritation, blisters in your mouth but these are temporary these will go away within 2 weeks after completion of your treatment. If u feel your tongue is like burning when u eat and then use liquid site and use a straw to by pass tongue area because insufficient nutrition will bring weight loss. Pl take enough proteins and carbs and any supplement like ensure of sustagene etc. 

After radiation keep on swallowing foods to keep oeasophagus way widen otherwise it will become permenently narrow. 

Then consult your team about neck excersize to keep your neck firm. 

Step by step do all excersize like turn your neck to extreme right even push it further by applying force from your left hand for one minute same on left side then up then down do this excersize 4 to. 5 times a day to keep your neck away from accumulation of scar tissues 

Good luck 

Pinesink
Occasional Contributor

Thx Parvez 😊 I heard that the week after treatment complete will be horrible,  any idea I can be prepared for this big challenge? 

Also now my throat got a thick white film inside, even I have panadol regularly, the pain still caused me hard to drink water (nausea when drinking), doctor gave me bottle of pink liquid so I can use it before meal, but for daily regular drinking do you have any better advice?  Really appreciate 🙏

0 Kudos
Parvez
Occasional Contributor

Instead of drinking a glass of water just use a straw and get small sips.. 

0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.