Lance Armstrong - You Really Let Us Down

CancerCounsel
Occasional Contributor

Lance Armstrong - You Really Let Us Down

There is no doubt Lance Armstrong's book had importance. It was a common gift after a friend was diagnosed with cancer. It was a phenomenal story. Lance Armstrong, cancer survivor, recovers and goes on to win seven Tour de France titles. Magic stuff. He made the greatest comeback in sporting history! Now it seems to have been a massive fraud. How sad. The betrayal of so many cancer sufferers and their families was also a grievous betrayal. Lance Armstrong knew the implications. Read his own words. I need say no more.
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
survivormom
New Contributor

Re: Lance Armstrong - You Really Let Us Down

DITTO!!!
0 Kudos
Paul.Mac
Occasional Contributor

I didn't know who Lance Armstrong was until two training doctors came into my room and tried to cheer me up. At that stage I was aware that I had a cancer removed following heart surgery. They then went on to describe the fact that Lance had this very same cancer in his brain and several other locations; he survived so I'll be fine. Now I'm sitting in hospital with nothing but time to kill (pardon the pun) thinking about the fact that cancer cells could be growing inside my head. It wasn't funny at the time; but I laugh about it now. Lance really let so many people down.
0 Kudos
Allicat
Contributor

I do not mean to defend Lance Armstrong because I think he is a scumbag, but he still did survive his cancer and so in that way he can still be an encouraging story.
0 Kudos
Pamela
Contributor

No-one is perfect and we all make mistakes in our lives. Lance Armstrong has done good and helped people - and has done some wrong as well. Does that really negate the good done? And is it his responsibility to carry others' expectations of him on his shoulders? So many other people in the public eye do wrong but don't seem to get the on-going attacks that he does now. He is now dealing with the after effects of his actions. Time to let him be, I think. Let him without sin cast the first stone.
0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.