My Journey with Stage 4 Tongue Cancer: A Year Later

Seanix
New Contributor

My Journey with Stage 4 Tongue Cancer: A Year Later

Hi everyone,

One year ago, I was diagnosed with Stage 4 tongue cancer, and it turned my world upside down. The diagnosis hit hard—not just for me, but for my family and friends as well. The past year has been a whirlwind of treatments, ups and downs, and trying to stay strong through the toughest days. While I’ve completed treatment, I'm still waiting for that final clearance, and the uncertainty is always there.

During this journey, I found a way to express the pain, fear, and hope through music. I wrote a song not just about my own experience, but about what so many of us go through during this fight. It’s my way of keeping a memory of this struggle and a reminder that we’re not alone in it.

If anyone is interested, here’s a link to the song I wrote on YouTube. I hope it can bring some comfort to anyone who needs it.

Battle Through The Storm 

(Otherwise, you can find it on Spotify - Battle through the Storm (Seanix)

Stay strong, everyone. We’re all in this together.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Ashley_ccnsw
Cancer Council Team

Re: My Journey with Stage 4 Tongue Cancer: A Year Later

Hi Seanix,

Thank you so much for sharing this. And what a way to for you to express everything via a creative outlet. That final all clear is always so scary for many of our clients and CCNSW community.

Outside of your creative expressions and processing, if you need any support to help you through this waiting period you can always have a debrief with our 13 11 20 support line staff, or even get a referral to our counselling service.

Wishing you the best for your results, and thank you for sharing your story, music and well wishes to everyone on the forums.

Ashley

CCNSW

0 Kudos
Seanix
New Contributor

Hi Ashley,

Thank you for your kind words and support. It’s reassuring to know the support line and counselling services are available if needed.

Music has been a therapeutic outlet for me, but having a community like this one means a lot. I appreciate all the amazing work the Cancer Council does. 🙂

0 Kudos
LindaMS
Occasional Contributor

What a great song! Thank you!

Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.