clear at last

Not applicable

clear at last

Hi everyone, just thought i'd let you all  know my scans and blood work came back clear,only found out last week , no signs of the nasties anywhere.... this is the best chrissy present ever, considering the last 2 christmas' s havent been that great,  take care all Sham
0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
ArnZo
Contributor

clear at last

Hi Sharon That's wonderful news - so great to hear someone's beaten the bastard disease. My mum in law has just found out about Zometa which worked for another lady with numerous bone mets - she's in chatting to the onco as we speak so hopefully will be another option for her Hope you're able to plan a bigger than ben hur chrissy - just being able to spend it with family and friends normally would be fabulous I imagine!! take care Zoe
0 Kudos
Not applicable

clear at last

Hi Zoe, yes im hoping this christmas will be big, we are planning a big one,i have 7 young kids {12yrs-20mths} and it will be great to get into the mood with them, i cant believe i wont be sick..it's sooooooo good to feel better at last, my baby turns 2 at chrissy time and ill get to share it with him instead of being sick. I hope that your mum in law gets better, i pray everyone with cancer gets better,its just so nasty. take care and best wishes with everything, i will be praying for your mum in law, all the best         Sharon
0 Kudos
Merkel
Contributor

clear at last

Hi Sham, Congratulations on your success. Wow!  what a Christmas present. Best wishes to you and your family. Merkel
0 Kudos
margro
Frequent Contributor

clear at last

Congratulations Sham!!! I know just how you feel,I'm 3yrs past surgery for pancreatic cancer and even tho you have no signs,once diagnosed you always have that thought. My theory is to get on and enjoy every day,this illness has taken enough,why let it take any more??If,God forbid,it does come back I'll be really pi...d that I wasted all that time worrying about it and not enjoying the time I'm cancer free!!! Enjoy your babies(and life) Margro
0 Kudos
Not applicable

clear at last

Thanks for the good wishes. I am starting to feel a lot better, starting to get my energy back although im still not happy with having to take medication for the rest of my life. Chrristmas will be great this year as i wont be as sick and i'll get to play with my 7 kids, they will be thrilled, thanks again      Sharon
0 Kudos
Not applicable

clear at last

Hi Sharon I havent logged in here in a while so it was great to hear your good news. Its such a great feeling when you hear those words, Im always on a bit of a high after my check ups when they say  'no sign of cancer here' I want to scream Yippeee!!! (actually I usually do when I get into my car). Well done
0 Kudos
Not applicable

clear at last

Hi Butterfly, i know exactly how you feel. I left my appt{ when i got the all clear} with my hubby and  my 2 bubbas with the biggest smile ever. i was told it had spread but the radiation had got it. I am now going to focus on the biggest and best christmas i can manage so my kids will feel special and forget about all this cancer stuff, but in my head i secretly worry and sometimes cry at night that this could come back, but i try and be strong so no one will feel sorry for me. I was a really strong person before all of this, thats why i had so many kids because i used to be able to do it all, but im just starting to get all my energy back and still strugling to be able to get things done and i get really frustrated when people try and help, but im getting there and  very happy about that, I hope you are well and things are good for you , take care   Sharon    xox
0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.