whats with the hair?

SILLY
Super Contributor

Re: whats with the hair?

I seem to have much more grey in my hair over the past couple of years and wondered if that is related just to my age or whether cancer plays a part. I think I have as much grey as my mum .She has never had a colour put in hers .
0 Kudos
SILLY
Super Contributor

Jules,I am still thinking of tatooing. It costs between about $250 and $400 from what I've seen . I stupidly went to a place where you get stencils to suit so you fill in with powder . When I bought the kit and tried it at home it was too difficult to use the stencil. I thought it would be easier.That's why I got it . Big waste of $99.95. Next I need to find a place I can trust if I go ahead with the tatoo but it's a bit scary.I don't want to be stuck with a 5 year mistake.
0 Kudos
The_Rowan
Contributor

Hi Silly, Just a thought about the eyebrows. I don't have a problem with mine, but have you thought about using henna to 'tatoo' your eyebrows on? They would end up being a brown colour, but you could do it yourself, and it is only a temporary tatoo. All you would have to do is mix the henna power with a little water and paint your eyebrows on. You then leave the henna on your skin for a while(not sure how long because it's been years since ive used henna), then wash it off and its all done! As I said...it's just a thought, but it is a natural product and should be fairly inexpensive. You will have to let us know how you went if you give it a go. Good luck.
0 Kudos
SILLY
Super Contributor

Thanks Rowan . I'll google that and ask for an opinion about the colour match next time I have them waxed. I'll let you know what I decide. Hope you are ok yourself.
0 Kudos
SILLY
Super Contributor

Rowan,I looked at using henna .I got the impression that it can be used for dyeing eyebrows but need to look further to see if it would work for painting on missing eyebroes. I appreciate the suggestion. Thanks.
0 Kudos
Bindy
Occasional Contributor

The first time I went through chemo it grew back curly and went straight after my first trim. This time it has grown back really curly this time like an afro. I find its curlier when its humid or when it rains.
0 Kudos
Allicat
Contributor

An afro sounds hard to deal with! Is it hard to comb? My hair is now long enough to get knots in it and it's really annoying. I can't remember if it used to get this tangled before or not. I do like having hair that I can tie up though, and I like my funny curls. I think I will be sad when I lose them - it is 14 months since chemo and haven't yet had it cut.
0 Kudos
Bindy
Occasional Contributor

Can be hard to comb, my hair dresser taught me how to straighten it out a bit which makes it easier. Due to todays rain its out of control.
0 Kudos
SILLY
Super Contributor

I suppose it's a new look for you,a change .
0 Kudos
Bindy
Occasional Contributor

As my hair is growing out it is starting to change, over the last couple of months the tight curls are slowly dropping out. As for tattooing eyebrows when going through chemo. Getting tattoos during chemo is not recommended, I have spoken to several tattoo artists and they all say the drugs can affect the tattoo, one it can affect the colour and two it can spread under the skin.
0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.