GBM Brain Tumors

rarsie
Contributor

Re: GBM Brain Tumors

Hi everyone I havent been on here for the last 12 months Just want to catch up to see how everyone is doing
0 Kudos
rarsie
Contributor

Hi everyone I havent been on here for the last 12 months Just want to catch up to see how everyone is doing
0 Kudos
Groenevelt68
Contributor

Hello rarsie, along with everyone dropping in to chat. For me, not a day goes by that I do not think about Pieter, it still seems like a dream and that it was yesterday, that we were still on the journey of cancer. Since Pieter passed away in June 2012, I moved to Brisbane for a short time for work, then later moved back to Kingaroy. By February 2013 I had 5 jobs which was placing a strain on the body. I am one down to 2 jobs (one is a casual position). I am an Assistant in Nursing at one of the local age care facilities, working in both low and high care areas. I am looking at trying to study palliative care this year and perhaps nursing as well (we will see). At the moment I live in Kingaroy with a wonderful family. The house is starting to be completed, as we only got to lock up stage while Pieter was around. I am so very glad that Pieter had the opportunity to live in his house on the block before his passing. I think of you all regularly and wonder how you are all coping over time. Hope you all had a nice Christmas (thought it is a difficult time of year), and wishing you all the best for 2014. To all those going through the journey with cancer, all the best. Groenevelt68
0 Kudos
Ashleysister
New Contributor

How did it all pan out??

0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.