Inflammatory Breast Cancer

candles
New Contributor

Inflammatory Breast Cancer

Hi, I'm new here and am trying to find out if there is a section for those with IBC. I feel that it is different from "ordinary" (no disrespect intended) breast cancer and comes with it's own set of problems.. eg if you're lucky - you'll start at Stage 111B. Can anyone help me with this? Thank you.
0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
Allicat
Contributor

Re: Inflammatory Breast Cancer

Hi candles Welcome to the site. Sorry, I can't help with inflammatory breast cancer. But, there are lots of good people here with lots of different issues. What treatment are you having? Best Wishes Allicat
0 Kudos
candles
New Contributor

Hi Allicat, The 1st time I had IBC,(2010) it was in the left breast. I had 4xTAC then 4XTCH. Was given a rest for a month, then Simple Mastectomy. This time I am having FEC100 for 3 cycles - then full CAT scans to see if it's working. If it is, I will then begin weekly infusions of Taxotere and Herceptin for 12 treatments. A bit of rest (about a month) then they will remove my right breast. I will be having Radiation this time - I couldn't have it to my left breast, due to having received the maximum amount in 2006. My Chemotherapist is treating this latest bout as a new primary - therefore aggressively. Having it again, is disappointing, but you just have to go along for the ride. Thanks for responding, Kindest Regards
0 Kudos
Claudia413
Not applicable

My first IBC diagnosis was in 2007. I had 4xAC followed by 4xTaxotare, then right mastectomy followed by 33 rads. Since then (June 2008, I have been considered NED...no evidence of disease). So sorry to hear you have a second primary case of IBC. Anything I can do to help you, I'm happy to do. I'm now Vice President of the Inflammatory Breast Cancer Foundation (www.eraseibc.com) and have been a volunteer with them since 2009. Feel free to contact me.
0 Kudos
Allicat
Contributor

Good luck with your treatment. It must be tough having to go through everything a second time.
0 Kudos
candles
New Contributor

Allicat...we're such vain creatures - my first thought when told of the news - was "Oh no!! I'm going to lose my hair again". Forget about losing my remaining breast...it was the hair!! Ridiculous, I know. Thanks for your good wishes ... I just have to put one foot in front of the other and plow on with it.
0 Kudos
Allicat
Contributor

That's fair. It is 15 months since I finished chemo and my hair is now nearly long enough to get into one ponytail. I am looking forward to that - it would be very annoying to have to start again. There are bigger problems but sometimes you just have to deal with one thing at at time - like you said - one foot in front on the other. Best Wishes
0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.