Taking time off

Nikki_YAC
Frequent Contributor

Taking time off

Hi guys, i just wanted to ley you know that I am taking a break from my YAC related work. After a long hard think, I have made the decision to take 12 months off and see what happens and what life may be like without thinking about cancer. I have never done this and for the sake of my sanity (and all those around me!) tells me that its time to do it. I would love more than nothing to be able to work in the YAC field, and to make this decision at this crucial point in time for the YAC movement, pulls me apart. But I must take this time out to see if I really belong or whether I need to move on, or just change a few things around. I think there is no better time than right now to do this. Its been awesome getting connected with some very inspiring and lovely people here and I say thanks for your many efforts of support and friendship. If you have any queries about this group, please have a chat with Felix from the Cancer Council, as he will oversee the group whilst I am on my cancer free holiday :) Keep conneceted and take good care of yourselves! all my best wishes, Nikki
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
carolyn2
Contributor

Re: Taking time off

nikki you will never be able to stop thinking about it you may bury it and put it where the past is but the 12 months may see you do a course or become involved with a charity group or even go on a holiday carolyn
0 Kudos
Terrafirma
Contributor

Hulloha Nikki, I one hundred percent support your decision to take a year off cancer-related work and see if there are other opportunities in life you may wish to take up. You deserve medals and honours for the work you've done helping the YAC community, and now is the time for all of us to get right behind your decision to see what else the world has to offer you, and to help launch your boat on this new voyage of discovery :) Bon voyage Nikki !! Ed.
0 Kudos
Not applicable

Hi Nikki, Yes I think there's something to be said for time out, good luck. John
0 Kudos
MissRen
Contributor

Hi Nikki,That is fantastic! I imagine it was a hard decision for you, but there must come a time when you do things for yourself and yourself alone. I recently had my first moment where I forgot that I had cancer and it was so liberating. I forgot that I was diagnoses, I forgot about the surgeries and treatments and it was great, it helped me enjoy being in the moment and enjoying life. Thanks for all your support and kindness. Good luck with whatever you choose to do ( :
0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.