Teachers with cancer

Not applicable

Re: Teachers with cancer

Hi all As we have all discussed, teaching can be a very emotionally and physically exhausting job. I travel an hour each way to get to work. Before cancer I managed this drive ok...now I find it unbearable. As a result I'm trying to find part-time work in a school closer to home. I'm concerned about starting a new job...my current school is obviously aware of what I have been through and are very supportive. Do I tell them? If so, when? Is it appropiate to bring it up at an interview? What about taking time off for 3 monthly tests? Will they notice my physical disability anyway? I don't want them to judge me or discriminate against me as I am good at what I do and have a lot to offer. Some advice from other survivors would be great!
0 Kudos
Not applicable

Hi all As we have all discussed, teaching can be a very emotionally and physically exhausting job. I travel an hour each way to get to work. Before cancer I managed this drive ok...now I find it unbearable. As a result I'm trying to find part-time work in a school closer to home. I'm concerned about starting a new job...my current school is obviously aware of what I have been through and are very supportive. Do I tell them? If so, when? Is it appropiate to bring it up at an interview? What about taking time off for 3 monthly tests? Will they notice my physical disability anyway? I don't want them to judge me or discriminate against me as I am good at what I do and have a lot to offer. Some advice from other survivors would be great!
0 Kudos
Not applicable

0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.