The strangest thing

sarah
Contributor

Re: The strangest thing

Hi all, omg! I thought it was just me! My mother had very little to do with me also, and my father (they are long time divorced) was going around telling everyone (including the mechanic I discovered when I was having my service) how sad it was for him. Yet, I think I saw him once when I was going through treatment and after. I see him less to this day. I don't speak with either of them really. It's a sad situation. I think the trauma of the emotional isolation was more than the treatment. I saw a side to people that was so very raw, and so self absorbed. I was equally totally bemused by people who were "acting like they were all too fantastic to get it". Absolutely shocking for me. Too much, too early (I was 23) I just want to say also, I found the comments above about the guy who wouldn't wear the dressing gown of his dad's quite disturbing. I feel that it would be highly inappropriate to do so. What are people thinking??
0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.